Sunday, May 24, 2009

Welcome Aiden!!

So he's finally here!! As of May 16th, 2009, at 1355 in the afternoon, we are a mommy and daddy to Aiden John Cantu! Weighing in at 7lbs 10oz on his birthday, and 19 inches long, he is definitely a future heart breaker!



After 8 days, I can say that all the books in the world could have never fully prepared us for the wonderful world of parenthood. We have learned more in the past 8 days than we did over the past 9 months of reading and probably beyond. It has been challenging to say the least.

It's crazy to me how fast time has passed by already. I only have about 4 more weeks before I have to go back to work and I already know that I'm going to miss the little guy like craaaazy during those 10 hours everyday, but alas, diapers and formula are waiting on the store shelves to take our money so work is pretty necessary and I know (this is the denial and partial-optimist in me talking) that it will be a great growing experience for both of us to be apart during the day!

I still sit and stare in amazement at him, completely flabbergasted by the fact that he was in my tummy just 8 days ago! I found a video on my camera that I had taken of my tummy where you could see him kicking and moving around..it's awesome! Who would have thought that I could be so in love with a boy who, mid-nap, starts making noises, stretches out his legs, and lets out a fart that is so big it seems nearly impossible that it came from someone his size! His daddy is so proud!! I love the fact that even when he spit up on my face after a nice dinner time bottle, I just kissed him on the forehead and congratulated him on his great burp - that's mommy-hood to me, and that's what my world has become, and I honestly couldn't be happier or more excited to be here!!

We just can't wait to see how much he grows and changes each and everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Kati I love your heart and your honesty and openness here! I think it's awesome your willing to be honest about your struggles and not just pretending everything is perfect because that's how others may make it seem. Keep blogging when you get the chance and we'll keep praying for you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete