Tomorrow is finally the day! It seems like we've been waiting forever, but tomorrow around 1800 we will hopefully know the answer to the question we've been asking for months : is it a boy or a girl?? Aiden or Layla?? We just can't wait!!
We haven't had but one ultrasound during this whole thing and it was at our first appointment when the baby was the size of a gummy bear, so it'll be extremely exciting to see how the little guy or girl is developing in there and maybe even looking like an actual baby! I'm in my 20th week now, so we've made it halfway!!
Dan and I were talking earlier about how it all still seems so surreal. Even with hearing the heartbeat going crazy each month and baby having the hiccups this last time, I still find it hard to believe. I think even once the baby is here with us I will still have trouble with the concept. But it's true!! And in a four short months, baby will be here!! I can't even imagine what our life will be like at that point. I know it'll be wonderful, and I know it will be hard, and I know it will never be the same, but in the best way possible! I know our families will help us through everything, and I know I will learn more in the first month of our baby's life than I have in years of my own. I read articles and watch shows and talk to moms but I know nothing will be able to fully prepare me for what comes with the job, and I can't wait!!
Tomorrow is going to be an amazing day! I will ace my flu shot without a tear (hopefully) and I will have a wonderful dinner with Dan, and then onto the ultrasound. We'll get to hear the heartbeat and see the baby wiggling and dancing around, and I'm sure I will cry. And then, we'll finally know! I can't wait to share the news!! And to start shopping!! Pink or blue?! Dolls or cars?! We'll just have to wait and see!
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment